What’s the purpose of your business website? To get potential customers to learn about your brand and what your business offers right? Designing a great website with the right information about your business is one thing, and getting traffic from potential customers to visit your website is another.
A corporate blog solves the problem of driving traffic to your website and educating potential customers of what your business offers. In fact, 61% of consumers purchase decisions have been influenced by blog posts. However, it is not sufficient to just post a blog on your website and hope visitors will start trooping in. You have to actively promote your blog posts to your desired audience to generate the right leads for your business.
Here are 5 ways you can promote your corporate blog posts to generate business leads.
1.Post To LinkedIn Groups: LinkedIn Groups is a platform for you to discover and connect with industry peers by facilitating discussions around an interest. This feature is not only great for learning and networking, it is also great for promoting your brand by posting your blogs.
How you can do it
- Search for groups relevant to your business by searching on the search bar
- Join groups relevant to your business
- Update your status with your blog link
- Click share
- Post to your linkedIn groups
2.Guest Post on Relevant Sites: Posting your blogs on relevant websites in your industry will help you 1) reach a wider audience,2)increase links back to your website, 3)increase your thought leadership and 4) expose your business to new business opportunities.
How to do it
- Identify other blogs that have an established audience with your target market. For example, if you are targeting businesses, sites like CnnectNigeria.com already have an established audience of business owners and professionals
- Write to their editorial team and share your blog links. Most of these websites appreciate and welcome guest posts as long as it is valuable to their audience
- Make sure you include a link back to your website. You can do this in the About Author section at the end of your blog
3.Use SEO-Friendly Titles: How many of you start your web journey by searching on search engines like Google? A study revealed that 81% of shoppers conduct online research before they purchase any product or service. Now the question is, will your website be found on search engine result pages when your potential customers search for keywords relevant to your business? Using keywords that will rank your website on the first page of Google result pages is critical to increasing traffic to your website.
Joost De Valk, Founder of Yoast said ‘’Writing awesome content is nice, but not doing proper keyword research upfront is probably the most common mistake I see.’
How to do it
- Use Google’s Keyword Planner tool to search for keywords that will rank high on Google
- Use the keywords to craft your blog title
4.News Jack: Who remembers Oga At The Top? That story was so popular even till date that the hrase ‘’my oga at the top’’ is now commonly used in everyday communication. In my experience in writing and content management, I saw that blogs related to that story generated so much traffic and exposure. When ‘’I Don Port O’’ was still trending, this post about Saka generated so much traffic. ‘’Its easier to get bloggers and journalists to write or share information containing an interesting new angle on something that was already at the top of their mind” Larry Kim, Founder of Wordsream
How to do it
- Find interesting trends and news
- Spin a blog out of the news to fit your audience and business
5.Incorporate Your Posts to Your Email Newsletter: Sending your blogs via an email newsletter will help you get personal with your audience and increase your bond with them. If you do a great job, your audience will not only expect, but also anticipate your emails and blog posts.
How to do it
- Choose an email marketing software like Constant Contact or Get Response
- Create an email list
- Start sending and managing your newsletter