For many marketers, generating quality and huge amounts of leads for their business is a huge challenge. If they are able to get enough people who are genuinely interested in their business and provide vital information to the marketer for effective follow-up, half their jobs are done.
So, how can marketers become effective at getting enough people who are interested in their products and services to provide such vital, yet elusive contact information?
With all sorts of technology now available to marketers, from social media to SEO, email marketing has proven to be both effective and highly used by smart marketers around the world. ” According to MarketingSherpa, the most used lead generation tactic is email marketing, with 81% of respondents citing it as the most effective channel.”
Let’s take a look at how you too can be effective at using email marketing in generating high-quality leads for your business.
Where to Get Your Emails
The first step to using email marketing as a lead generation tool, is getting the emails, right? Where can you get enough emails to use for your lead generation? Let’s take a look at a few likely places.
Your Website: Your website is the first place you should look at if you want to get emails. Especially high quality emails. Why? Users that visit your website are already looking at what your business offers and are interested in your product or service. So how do you get emails from your website?
You can use
• Pop-ups, side-bars or drop-down list building technology. You can use tools like Hubspot CRM and Sumo to place these technologies on your website and get emails.
• Newsletter Subscribe Bar: Placing a subscribe bar to your newsletter is another great way to get emails. You can place a permanent subscribe sidebar on your site, or at the bottom of every page and content on your website.
Please note, that for these to work you need to have a great offer to your website visitors to get them to share their emails with you. Some great offers you can try are
1. Discounts to your products/service
2. Free consultation
3. Free demo of your product/service
4. Free eBook, WhitePaper or any other valuable content
Events: Seminars, trade shows, exhibitions and networking events are great channels of getting emails for your email marketing. If you are exhibiting at a trade show, great. Here are 4 tricks you can use to capture emails from exhibitions.
If you aren’t exhibiting, or you are in a simple conference or networking event, then you would need to engage with other participants one on one to get those emails.
Dedicated Landing Page: A landing page is a web page that contains a form (to capture users contact information like name, email and phone number) and a call to action (like download, submit etc). This page is dedicated to capturing leads and emails. You can create a landing page that offers users a coupon or discount code, an eBook or free consultation to your service (see how it fits?)
Surveys and Quizzes: Another great and fresh way to get emails is from online surveys and quizzes.
Now that you have emails on your list, let’s take a look at your message.
Email is powerful. It can get you up to 400% return on investment, when done properly.
In generating high-quality leads, your email message must be targeted and relevant to each subscriber, as best as it can be.
How do you do that? With email automation.
Email automation allows you to send targeted and pre-formated emails to subscribers, based on their actions, their preferences or their needs. You can read more on email automation here.
Now, if you want to capture leads from your emails, ensure your email
1. Has a Short Subject Line: Over 40% of email users open their emails with their mobile devices. That’s why subject lines with 3-4 words perform way better than subject lines with more words.
2. Has a Compelling Subject Line: People receive tons of marketing emails. For yours to stand out, ensure you clearly state the benefit your email has for your reader up-front. Also, it has been revealed that there are certain trigger words that make people open their emails. Words like Demo, Apply, Opportunity, and Connect.
3. Is Brief: According to Boomerang, emails with 50-125 words perform best. With this age of information overload, who can blame users. People get easily distracted online, and keeping your message as brief and as straight-to-the-point as possible will do you good.
4. Contains Relevant Photos: Humans process images 60,000 times faster than text. Want your subscribers to get the message quicker? Use relevant images to pass the message. You can use tools like canva to create visual content for your email marketing.
5. Has a Clear Call To Action: What do you want your readers to do after they finish reading your email? Check out this great resource to see how to make your call to action compelling.
If you need hor more information on generating high-quality leads from email for your business, request a call from us here